Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Don't You Just Love Photography?




















While photographing a tire swing for my calendar today, I realized something...I was having an absolutely great time! We sometimes get caught up in doing what we have to, what is required, and without even knowing it, time passes and we possibly did not enjoy the projects, places, or people we encountered. We were so focused on what we had to get done, that we did it, and moved on. Like a machine. Today, this was not the case, although it began that way. Get an old tire. Find a good place to put up the swing. Drag all the necessary tools and equipment with me. Hurry while there is daylight. Once I discovered my little gem of a park, and strolled around and found the right tree and spot in the park, is when the fun began. Working, building, and constructing something was just as much fun as the result of what my labors would bring. Although not quite small enough to actually swing on the tire, photographing it for my calendar was loads of fun. I did not expect this experience from this shot that I was trying to get, but so far, probably the most fun I have had working on this calendar. And all from a dirty old tire, some rope, and a beautiful tree in my new favorite park.

No comments:

Post a Comment