Sunday, March 28, 2010

Action 35



Recently I took the suggestion of a friend and tried out the Action 35, a plastic point and shoot 35mm film camera that takes four images on one frame. The entire exposure time for the four shots is approximately 2/3 of a second. I headed over to the Volcom Skatepark in Costa Mesa to see what this little camera could do. The 1/100 shutter speeds were a little slow to freeze all the action, but I didn't mind a little blur in some of the frames. I think it adds a little to the portrayal of speed. For the right subject matter, this little camera could be a gem. I suggest to any photographer to try different cameras, such as the Action 35 or the Holga. They may not seem like much, but they can absolutely be useful tools in creating your art.

No comments:

Post a Comment