Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Goin' To The Fair

I received word the other day that one of my images, "Dark Alley", has been accepted into the photo contest at the OC Fair. Very exciting stuff! I have done some searching for my frame and I believe to have found the winner. I am getting a print made on archival paper, since the ones I hold now are inkjet prints. The archival print was explained to me as a better option if I am to be fortunate enough to sell the print. Over the last couple of months, with entering a few contests and open calls, I have been forced (a good force) into learning a bit more about the framing and printing processes. If nothing else, I have learned that this becomes the expensive part of art! Who knew frames cost so much? And there is no shortage of options when it comes to framing, mounting, printing and matting. All of this education and experience is very exciting however. I am stoked to view the image in its "show" state.
On a separate note, I got to spend a few hours this afternoon with my good friend and fellow photographer, Steve Walsh (www.stevewalshphotography.com). It was great to catch up with him and talk shop. Steve is a very busy lad but we started the wheels turning on doing a photo shoot together. It would be a really exciting venture if we can find the time to make it happen!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your recent scholarship! Those photos most definitely look awesome!

    ReplyDelete