Tuesday, September 27, 2011

You Never Know What You Might Find

So today we decided to take a drive up north (on the west side). It is such an amazing road, and it only takes about 20 minutes from the house before you hit real scenic country. Big ocean views, rugged coast line, and today, this (see photo). We rounded a bend in the road, looked over, and went, "What the...?!" So I pulled over to take a closer look. Someone had a successful hunting trip and bagged a rather large boar. There are wild boar on Maui and hunting them is common. I dont know how common it is to put the carcass on a large rock on the side of the road. This is the first time I have witnessed this. We were trying to figure out if it was left there simply to dry out and the hunter would return to claim it, or if it was placed there for shock value to passing tourists. I am kind of leaning towards the latter. Now, I am no expert, but best I could tell this was a very large animal. Large enough that I dont think I would have wanted to cross paths with it while on our hike today.

1 comment: